What is Hypothesis testing in statistics
Hypothesis testing in statistics is a process by which we are confirming our hypothesis or prediction statistically. Scientists mainly use it to test the specific prediction from some theory or hypothesis or even from gut feelings.
Examples of Hypothesis Testing:
- The ability of Vitamin C to cure or prevent cold,
- Children of obese parents are more likely to be obese
- Men have taller than women
- Tenure calling operators have less handling time than a new operator.
Type of Hypothesis testing :
- Null Hypothesis : Null hypothesis states that there is no difference in parameters for two or more populations. If any observed difference in a sample is due to chance or sampling-related error, it